Before you start, don't forget to get a consignor number. If you
are already a consignor, please verify your consignor number.
Clothing and Shoes
- We will accept sizes 0-16 girls and 0-20 boys. (No adult or maternity clothing)
- Consignment Limits:
- St. Charles County Spring Sales: 125 hanging items and 15 pairs of
shoes (size 5 adult or smaller).
- St. Charles County Fall Sales: 110 hanging items and 15 pairs of shoes (size 5 adult or smaller).
- All other items: Any reasonable amount. We reserve the right to determine what is reasonable.
- Clothing must be freshly laundered and
wrinkle free. (no smoky, pet, or musty smells)
- We will not accept clothing with any stains,
holes, buttons missing or broken zippers.
- No faded clothing
- Zippers, snaps, and buttons closed
- Must be SEASONAL:
- Spring & Summer Sale: Clothing
such as light weight pants, light weight long sleeve shirts, jeans,
shorts, capris, short sleeve shirts, swim wear, light weight jackets, etc.
- Fall & Winter Sale: Clothing such
as heavy weight pants and shirts, jackets and coats, sweat shirts and
pants, snow wear, sweaters, etc.
- Accepted at both sales: Short sleeve
shirts, T-shirts, Capris, Athletic wear and jeans.
- Put in sets if possible. Top and
bottom must be the same size.
- Shoes must be in like new condition.
There should not be any visible signs of wear, scuffs, or odor. Shoes can
be secured together as a pair by a zip tie or put in zip lock bags.
- All clothing must be on
hangers. The hook of the hanger should face to the left if you
are holding the garment straight out in front of you looking at it.
It should look like a question mark. Plastic hangers will be put in
boxes at the end of the sale if you would like to take some back.
You are welcome to use wire hangers, but we will not be taking them off
the garments. You can put 0-18 mo. onesies, sleepers and gowns
in zip lock baggies. Make sure the tag is taped or safety pinned to
the inside of the baggie. You should also tape the baggie shut.
- All clothing should be grouped into
girl/boy piles and in size order before drop off. This is a must so
that we can get them on the floor in a timely manner. (Rubber bands or
twist ties are nice dividers if you have them)
- For the Fall & Winter Sale, please separate coats and costumes from other clothing items.
- All clothing will be inspected when you
drop it off. We reserve the right to reject any item that does not
meet our guideline requirements or at our discretion.
- In style-No clothing over 5 years old.
Tagging and Pricing
- Tagging should be done using our bar
coded tag template. The consignor number and price must be bar
coded. You can hand write the size and description if you would like. This
will enable us to have a quicker checkout. Please check that you have
entered the correct consignor number and that the consignor number and
price have a bar code.
- Tags must be printed on card stock paper
as regular paper tears.
- Make sure all tags include a description
of the item. Please write the brand name of the item along with the
- If you are bringing junior items mark
your tag with a JR after the size. (Belleville sale only)
- Make sure that you put the brand name of
the item under the description part of the tag. Marking name-brand
items on the tag is a selling point.
- For items that you do not want going
half-price on Sunday place red dot (not pink or blue etc.) next to
the price. The item(s) will stay in the sale, but will not go
half-price. Red dots must be made with permanent ink and placed directly on the tag (please do not add the red dot after you have placed tape across the tag). We are not responsible for red dotted items selling for half price if these guidelines are not followed. See tag template instructions on the download page for a graphical example.
- Do not use pencil to fill out your tags.
Avoid using a red pen to fill out your tags. Use red for the dots only.
- Use safety pins only when attaching your
tags. Straight pins will not be accepted. Use only safety pins
that are larger than 1/4 inch.
- The tag must be safety
pinned to the top right hand side of the garment if you are holding
the garment straight out in front of you looking at it.
- If using a tagging gun, attach tag to
garment label in collar area to prevent fabric damage. Attach to pants
behind the belt loop or just inside pocket. Tags must be visible at all
times. Tagging guns are available for purchase locally at "Store Supply", 12955 Enterprise Way, Bridgeton, MO 63044, phone #: 800-823-8887. (Tag Gun P/N: 94-200, Fasteners P/N: 94-113)
- There is a $2.00 minimum price.
Price in either $1.00 or $.50 increments. If you need to change a
price on your tag, you must rewrite the tag. No cross-outs on tags
as we will not know if you did it or someone else did. If you
have a change, make a new tag.
- Use yourself as a pricing
guideline. Ask yourself what the item is worth and what you would be
willing to pay for it.
- You will receive 65% of the selling
price of your items. If you volunteer four or more hours will receive 70% of the selling price of your items.
- Tags will not be returned.
- CLICK HERE to view Tagging & Hanging Videos.
Furniture, Toys, and Equipment
- We accept anything child related as long
as it is in good, clean working condition.
- We do not accept anything at our sale
that has been recalled by the manufacturer for safety reasons; this
includes toys, furniture, clothing and equipment.
- All merchandise must be in good condition.
We do not accept anything that could be unsafe due to broken, damaged or
- All merchandise must be clean, including
outdoor play equipment.
- Please be courteous and double check
that all parts and pieces are with your items. Please note on the tag that the item is "complete" or "has all parts". It is required that all
items be complete.
- Beginning June 28, 2011, all cribs
manufactured and sold (including resale) must comply with new and improved
federal safety standards. Although some cribs manufactured prior
to this date may meet the new standards, we will only be accepting cribs
manufactured on or after June 28th, 2011. Please see our consignor
homepage for more information on the new standards and links to the US
Consumer Product Safety Commission.
'n Play® / play yard style products are not currently included
in the new crib regulations. These items must still meet the general
requirements listed above.
- We only accept car seats that are less
than 5 years old. Please verify the manufacturing date before bringing the
seat to the sale.
- We will not accept car seats that have
been recalled. Please use the link provided on the Consignor Homepage,
contact the manufacturer or visit the manufacturer’s web site to verify
your seat has not been recalled.
- You can safety pin the tag to the cloth
part on strollers, car seats and bouncy chairs.
- We ask that you use clear 2"
mailing tape and completely cover the tag with the tape to price other
items. On larger items we suggest that you tape your consignor number only
on the bottom of the item in case the tag would fall off we could contact
you to re-price it. Do not put a price on both tags. Only one tag
should have the price on it.
- We will only accept bikes in very good
to like new condition. Tires must be in good condition and hold air. All
originally installed safety equipment must still be installed and in
- Please have books and games separated from other toys at drop-off.
- For games (Wii, PS, X-BOX, DS), prepare
two tags; one for the case and one for the game which will be kept
- We do not accept any toys that contain
- When selling books in sets, please seal
them in zip lock bags and list the book titles on your tag.
- Motorized jeeps and cars must have
charger and batteries with a full charge at drop-off.
- Unacceptable items include stuffed
animals, inflatable items, VHS Tapes, and McDonald toys.
- No crib bedding sets or bumper pads. We will still
accept individual sheets and blankets.
Drop-off and Pick-up
- An appointment will be needed for
drop off. If you can not make your scheduled appointment time you
will need to reschedule if a time is available. You will be asked to wait
until your items are inspected. If they are done incorrectly, you
will be asked to correct them. There will be a $10.00 fee at all sales, due at drop off, to help with advertising and expenses. If you participate in the St. Charles Sale, your fee is waived for participating in the Belleville Sale for that same season.
- See sale schedules for Pick up times of
unsold merchandise and checks. If you cannot make this time, please
make other arrangements with us. All items not picked up will be
have any questions, please contact us, we will be happy to help!